Sunday, July 18, 2010

West Seattle Garden Tour

My mom and I did the West Seattle Garden Tour today and there were a lot of lovely finds and inspiring gardens. We even spotted a hummingbird nest with 2 little babies in it--it was the size of an espresso cup. Amazing. Mari Malcolm's garden in particular was absolutely incredible. She and her husband have created the most amazing treasure trove of gardening delights mixed with fascinating objects. This little still life below captures the spirit of their garden.



Of course, my pictures don't do the garden any justice, but I did my best. Anyway, Mari creates these terrific succulent arrangements using found objects as her pots and I was completely fascinated by them. She is thinking of eventually offering workshops to create containers and I can't wait to take one of her classes.

This one below was really incredible because it had something that I have never seen in a pot before. Look closely...see it?

See it? No? Try this close up.

Yep, those are dentures. I tell you, this garden was full of surprises.













No comments:

Post a Comment